dinsdag 16 juli 2013
maandag 15 juli 2013
But then again: it is quite fun to see yourself paint! I chose to do a video on a model from Hitech Miniatures, the Archfather Mortimer. You might have seen the product review I did earlier?
In this first part you'll see me paint the armour, and make a start on the cloak. And unfortunately, as I am in the process of learning how to do a proper video, I might screw up once in a while...hehehe.
Have a look!
woensdag 10 juli 2013
I need to do the banner still - I have tried to paint it three times now, and failed miserably three times. And I also need to add the water effects ont the lower bases. Other than that, it's done!
I took some pics after having applied a coat of matt varnish, but even in this form, 30 Stormvermin are a sight to behold!
maandag 8 juli 2013
First off, I have been working on my Skaven army. My mates and I have been discussing to attend a Fantasy Doubles tournament next year in Nottingham, and that gives great incentive to get on with this army. A lot of blogs discuss this, and it is very true: if you want your army to get finished, enter a tournament. You'll have a good due date to push you into finishing!
Anyway, I had my mind set on doing a Warlord Queek/ Stormvermin-themed army, as I really wanted to paint that unit. In 1000 ponts, it proves to be a short army list however. No probs, that only makes for less models to paint!
At this moment, I have finished 20 of the 30 Stormvermin, a Poison Wind Mortar, and Warlord Queek. Only 10 more Stormvermin and 20 slaves and I'm done!
The next project I felt needed progression is the - as people are calling them - the Woodcrons: the Necrons painted in wood grain.
I picked up a spraycan of undercoat metal (Army Painter) to speed up some processes, and to test it I used the Necron Lord (from the Barge). It really works well actually!
Small tip for those who want to use this as well: make sure to prime your models in black first, then spraypaint metal! Finish with a generous coat of wash and basically that's it!
After the lord, I decided I had to work on the Ark as well, a model I had already started on, but the vast amount of wood grain to be painted made me halt the work. I decided to get the pilot-half of the ship done first, just to have at least some part finished (seeing stuff finished is also a good incentive to keep on painting!).
Oh, and then there is one project that was finished already...but not completely: the Kirai commission with the Sakura tree. I only needed to paint the lamp hanging from one of the branches. Don't know why I let that untouched for so long. But that's done as well. I will get some decent pictures of that later this holiday.
As always: comments are welcome!